Whatever Happened to Justice?November 22, 2016
One Book is Not Too ManyJanuary 12, 2017
This year is coming to a close and so is our 2016 Book Challenge. I’m so glad my friend made the suggestion, organized it and kept us all on track. She even created a private Facebook page where we could leave book quotes or find the encouragement we needed to get through thousand-plus page books!
Doing it with friends was great too! There was never a lack for conversation (as if there usually is, haha). We enjoyed telling each other about the books we read or were reading, and didn’t fail to highlight the ones we especially liked. This is made apparent by the list you’ll see below – quite a number of titles obviously got talked about a lot!
As promised, I’ve provided our favorites from this year. That’s right; this is a list of only the real goodies! So when you notice that a category below doesn’t have a title included, it’s because the book we selected for it was just so-so. When you see a title mentioned a few times, that’s because it was an uber popular favorite and means that you should probably read it too! Enjoy!
- A book you own but haven’t read
- Tarah: Cheaper by the Dozen
- A book that was made into a movie
- Cate: Cheaper by the Dozen
- A book you pick solely because of the cover
- Luisa: The Children of Noisy Village
- A book your friend loves
- Tarah: Rebecca
- Luisa: The Brothers Lionheart
- A book published this year
- A book by an author you’ve never read before
- Luisa: All-of-a-Kind Family
- A book by an author you love
- Cate: The Great Bridge
- Luisa: The Wright Brothers
- A book bat the bottom of your “to-read” pile
- Cate: Whatever Happened to Penny Candy?
- A book with a color in the title
- A book set somewhere you’ve always wanted to visit
- Cate: Anne of Avonlea
- Luisa: The Railway Children
- A book you started but never finished
- Tarah: The Witch of Blackbird Pond
- A book with a lion, a witch, or a wardrobe
- Luisa: The Witch of Blackbird Pond
- A book with a female heroine
- Cate & Luisa: Counting by 7s
- A book set in the summer
- A book of poems
- A book you learned about because of this challenge
- A book that will make you smarter
- Cate: Atlas Shrugged
- Tarah: Coolidge by Amity Shlaes and Calvin Coolidge’s almanac
- Luisa: New Deal or Raw Deal
- A book with a blue cover
- A book you were supposed to read in school, but didn’t
- Luisa: Whatever Happened to Penny Candy?
- A book “everyone” but you has read
- A book with a great first line
- A book with pictures
- Luisa: The Cricket in Times Square
- A book from the library
- A book you loved… read it again!!
- Cate & Tarah: The Hiding Place
- A book that is more than 10 years old
- A book based on a true story
We hope this inspires your reading list for the coming year!